- Course type
- Paid course
- 2 hours
- 20 lessons
- Available on completion
- Course author
- Ahmad Mohey
- Implementing default interface methods
- Working with nulls in C# 8
- How to use null-coalescing assignment operator
- Understand work of IDisposable interface
- Make use of using declaration
- Trying disposable ref structs
- Building new switch expressions
- Using property patterns to match on properties
- Using tuple like patterns on switch statements
- Learn how to use deconstruction methods
- Understanding and working with positional patterns
- Readonly Members
- Static Local Functions
- Asynchronous Streams
- Verbatim Interpolated Strings
- Using hat operator
- Working with new range operator
The next major version of C# is officially released which is C# 8.0. We were expecting it for quite some time, we had the chance to learn all the minor features and enhancements included in C# 7.1, 7.2 and 7.3, and I can say I am quite excited about the new capabilities Microsoft keep adding to C#.
In this course we will be discussing the new features and enhancements of C# 8 with easy to follow examples to make you understand what each feature is about.
Please notice that this is not not a complete guide for C# language itself, this course covers only the features and enhancements in C# 8.
In this course we tried to break each feature down one by one for you each in a separate video with enough examples to illustrate the functionality of each feature.
But I have to mention that this course is not for someone who is looking to learn C# from the beginning or and not for a beginner as we will be covering some advanced features that requires some prior knowledge of C# in order to proceed without a problem, and from my side I will try to relate to any topic that you should be aware of to totally understand each feature functionality because some features are already based on an existing features in C#.
After finishing all the features and enhancements the course will present and explain important concepts such as .NET Core, .NET Framework .NET Standard, the differences between them what is a BCL what is MONO, topics that anyone looking to master C# should be aware of.
So what are you waiting for....let's start!