- Course type
- Paid course
- All Levels
- 35 hours
- 100 lessons
- Available on completion
- Course author
- Stephen Ulibarri
- How to program in Unreal Engine with C++.
- How to create a complete UE4 game from start to finish.
- Those with no experience in Unreal Engine will master Unreal.
- Combat, adventure game mechanics, platforms, game saving/loading and menu design.
- Those already experienced in game development will further expand their skills.
- Those who already develop in another engine such as Unity will master Unreal.
In this series, you will learn Unreal Engine C++ programming from the basics all the way up to packaging a complete video game. You will learn all of the following and more:
Object, Actor, Pawn and Character creation, and the differences between these classes
Coding a complete character class, complete with animations and user input
Finding a nearly endless selection of free assets and how to download and use them for your game
Enemy movement and behavior
Combat with melee weapons
Picking up and equipping items
Damage, Hit Points and Death
HUD elements including Health and Stamina Bars as well as Icons
How to create menus, including a Pause menu
Saving and Loading game data even after turning off the computer or exiting the game
Switching levels in game
Floating platforms using interpolation
Timers for delays in game logic
Trigger volumes, pressure switches, and doors
Bombs, explosives and hazards
Logging and drawing spheres for debug purposes
Using C++ concepts applied to game development
Much much more!
This is a C++ course and some basic knowledge of the C++ (or a similar language) is needed. If you don't have the basics of C++ down, my first course teaches everything you need to know for this course.