- Course type
- Paid course
- 14 hours
- 63 lessons
- Available on completion
- Course author
- Michael Eramo
- Fundamentals of GUI app development using Python and Tkinter by DOING! You will create 10 awesome apps!
- Create a conversion app to aid in metric conversions
- Create a checklist app to keep track of all of your daily tasks
- Create a calculator app to help with basic mathematics
- Create a notepad app to write your own thoughts
- Create a color app to create your own color pallets
- Create a Morse code app to convert and play messages in Morse code
- Create a Simon app to entertain yourself and test your memory recall
- Create a gravity simulation app to test the effects of varying gravitational fields on different objects
- Create a weather app to get up to date weather for your given location
- Create a NASA astronomy picture of the day app to view the beauty of space and the stars
- How to package your python scripts into executable files to be run directly on Windows machines.
Have you learned the fundamentals of Python and then asked yourself; what's next?
If so, consider taking this course which will start you on your journey to making your own Python GUI applications. GUI or Graphical User Interface applications allow the end user to interact with an actual program window that they can point, click, and interact with rather than just running Python scripts from a command prompt.
So often, when students ask for advice they are told to, "Go build something" or "Get involved on a project" but have no idea what projects to build or get involved in.
This course will set you on your way! In this course I will walk you though, step by step, on how to to design the layout and the functionality of 10 unique, engaging, and purposeful apps...well 11, we have to start off with a Hello World App...that's a given :-) By the end of this course, I promise that you will be coming up with your own app ideas and feel confident enough in your abilities to create them.
We'll cover the following GUI widgets:
Drop Down Menus
And many more...
As well as learning how to:
Manage application layout
Call API's and sort through the returned data
Create standalone executable files that will run on any Window's machine
Best of all, after a few short "instructional" videos, we will learn by DOING! We're going to gain familiarity, comfort, and then mastery of Python GUI's by creating our own applications together! I hope you decided to take this course. If you do, you will be set to begin creating some engaging, meaningful, and purposeful Python GUI's!