- Course type
- Paid course
- 14 hours
- 85 lessons
- Available on completion
- Course author
- Michael Miller
- This course is broad rather than deep. My goal is that when finished, students have some knowledge of the tools in the python ecosystem for geospatial applications and more importantly, how they all work together. More detailed courses will be forthcoming. Some of the topics covered will be
- An introduction to the language and its core principles.
- An introduction to object oriented programming in python.
- FInding and using third party python modules.
- Working with the operating system
- Working with files
- Working with databases
- Reading spatial data with GDAL/OGR
- Visualizing data with matplotlib and other tools
- Data Analysis with pandas and geopandas
- Jupyter notebooks
This course covers the basics of the python language, the python language, and the core python packages for data analysis, especially of geospatial data. The goal of the course is to provide a broad introduction to the capabilities of python and how all the various packages work together. This will provide a starting point for deeper exploration on your own or in future courses.
Introduction to python
Object oriented python
Packages and modules
Fiona and shapely