- Course type
- Paid course
- All Levels
- 7 lessons
- Available on completion
- Course author
- Ramin Zaghi
- Know how some of the most successful indie game studios started up
- Understand what it is like to start and run a game development business in the UK
- Make a more informed decision whether starting an indie game development business is for you
The author, Ramin, is the founder of Cambridge Game Creators, a professional network for games developers in the UK. The lessons in this course are created from a series of interviews that he conducted with some of the most successful people in the UK games industry.
You will hear answers to many of your questions about starting up your own studio from the following people:
- Ben Tristem who is arguably the most successful games development teacher in the world
- Dr. Jo Twist, CEO of the UK Interactive Entertainment association (UKIE) which has more than 250 business members all of which operate in or with the games industry
- Sarah & James Woodrow, founders of the Utopian World of Sandwiches with the hugely successful game "Chompy Chomp Chomp"
- Greg Denness & Graeme Clark of Inertia Studios who went from their university dorms to owning their successful game studio, delivering games that are played by thousands of people every day
- Joseph Humfrey & Jon Ingold, founders of the Inkle Studios with hugely popular games such as "Sorcery" and "80 Days"
- and Sean McMurchy, the AAA games artist who reveals the ups and downs of leaving a well paid job working as a successful games artist in Canada to becoming a freelancer in the UK!