- Course type
- Paid course
- All Levels
- 13 hours
- 64 lessons
- Available on completion
- Course author
- Andy Harris
- Build a basic web page with HTML
- Use CSS to add essential style to your page
- Understand how a Scene works in the simpleGame library, and how that adds space and time elements to your game.
- Build a basic Sprite object and learn how to build custom sprites to represent any game element you can imagine
- Practice object-oriented programming to build complex and interesting game objects that can respond to user input, collisions, and other game events
- Manage standard game events like input, boundary-detection and collisions
- Manage sound effects
- Learn to use the mouse and keyboard for basic user input
- Explore how physics can be used for more interesting control like space vehicles, realistic acceleration, and skidding.
- Extend your games to mobile platforms with touch and tilt input, and learn to add icons and full-screen behavior to your games
- Learn not just the code, but the process of building your own game from idea to reality
- Explore the simpleGame engine and see how it does all the magic. Learn how you can extend it yourself for even more power.
Learn to build web and mobile games with HTML5. Even if you have no experience in programming or web development, you can create your own games.
The course centers around a game engine designed especially to be easy to understand. The game engine and all the other tools needed for the course are completely free. You won't need to purchase anything to build great games.
By the end of the course, you'll be able to build 2D games on the web as well as on mobile devices like the iPad and mobile phones.