- Course type
- Paid course
- 34 hours
- 321 lessons
- Available on completion
- Course author
- Bluelime Learning Solutions
- Learn Python from the ground up.
- Learn how to setup a python development environment.
- Learn how to create GUI applications
- Create a functional todo app and deploy to cloud
- Create a functional portfolio app
- Create a basic calculator
- Create a digital clock
- Create a times table generator
- Create a weight conversion tool
- Create a number guessing game
- Create a random number generator
- Create a vowel stripping program
- Create a countdown timer
- Create a lottery number simulator
- Interacting with Python in various ways
- Python Operators
- Python Data Types
- Data type casting
- Python String Methods and Formatting
- Python Data Structures
- Python Functions
- Python DocStrings
- Python Decorators
- Python Control Flow Statements
- Python Modules and Packages
- Working with external files in Python
- Working with dates and times
- Handling exception errors
- Version control system with Git and Github
- Web scrapping with Python
- Python and Machine Learning
- Using Python with PostgreSQL Relational Database Management System
- Python Object Oriented Programming
Python is a dynamic modern object -oriented programming language that is easy to learn and can be used to do a lot of things both big and small. Python is what is referred to as a high level language. That means it is a language that is closer to humans than computer. It is also known as a general purpose programming language due to it's flexibility.
Python is object -oriented means it regards everything as an object. An object in the real world could be a person or a car.
Python is an interpreted language that does not need to be complied like for example java programming language.
It is interpreted and run on the fly the same time.
Python has been used in a lot of places like in creating games, for statistical data and visualisation, speech and face recognition.
Python is used for:
web development (server-side),
What can Python do?
Python can be used on a server to create web applications.
Python can be used alongside software to create workflows.
Python can connect to database systems. It can also read and modify files.
Python can be used to handle big data and perform complex mathematics.
Python can be used for rapid prototyping, or for production-ready software development.
Python works on different platforms (Windows, Mac, Linux, Raspberry Pi, etc).
Python has a simple syntax similar to the English language.
Python has syntax that allows developers to write programs with fewer lines than some other programming languages.
Python runs on an interpreter system, meaning that code can be executed as soon as it is written. This means that prototyping can be very quick.
Python can be treated in a procedural way, an object-oriented way or a functional way.
Some of the biggest websites on this planet earth use python
in one way or another. Examples include:
In this absolute beginners course you will learn Python in a practical way
from the ground up. The course consist of over 30 hours of video over 300 lectures and several practical hands on projects.
Topics covered include:
How to download and install python
Installing text editors and Pycharm
Interacting with Python in various ways
Command line basics
Python Data Types
Data type casting
Python String Methods and Formatting
Python Data Structures
Python Control Flow Statements
Python Modules and Packages
Working with external files in Python
Working with dates and times
Working with calendars
Handling exception errors
Version control system with Git and Github
Web scrapping with Python
Python and Machine Learning
PostgreSQL Relational Database Management System
Python Object Oriented Programming
Classes and Methods
Projects we will create:
Create a functional todo app and deploy to cloud
Create a functional portfolio app
Create a basic calculator
Create a digital clock
Create a times table generator
Create a weight conversion tool
Create a number guessing game
Create a random number generator
Create a vowel stripping program
Create a countdown timer
Create a lottery number simulator