- Course type
- Paid course
- All Levels
- 14 hours
- 177 lessons
- Available on completion
- Course author
- 365 Careers
- Go from Python beginner to Python proficiency. You will become a confident Python programmer with a good knowledge of the foundations and their applications
- This is a hands on course with numerous coding examples and challenges at the end of each section. This is very important as you learn Python best by doing it
- Acquire the pre-requisite Python skills to work with Python in fields such as Data Science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence and Web Development
- Install Python and write your first program
- How to use basic Python structures: strings, lists, and dictionaries
- How to use a Jupyter Notebook and how to work with .py files
- Create and use functions and Lambdas
- Understand what classes are and how they relate to objects
- Learn to think computationally
- Handle Exceptions
- Interesting and useful modules e.g. the datetime and Collections module
- Use of Git and Github: essential skills for all professional programmers
- Work with virtual environments in Python. An essential skill which is often missed from other courses.
- Introduction to the essential data science libraries of matplotlib and Pandas
- You will work on a big capstone project related to computer vision where you'll build your own image recognition system
- All the concepts are broken down into simple steps
Python for Absolute Beginners 2021
This Python course is different. It will not only teach you Python, it will give you a problem solving super-power using Python code! And that will make all the difference, especially if you are pursuing a career in data science, AI, web development, big data, web testing, or programming for smart devices in Python.
The author of this course, Giles McMullen-Klein, is a British programmer who went to Oxford University and used Python for his research there. Giles is one of the best-known Python and data science vloggers on YouTube where more than 280,000 subscribers follow his videos.
There are several reasons why this course is different and why Giles could be the perfect Python teacher for you:
· Engaging, informative and fun! Giles’ lectures are entertaining and will inspire you to learn Python
· Motivating ,enthusiastic and effective – Giles’ passion for coding in Python and teaching the language is infectious
· Develop a thorough understanding of Python
· Carefully crafted lectures and superb quality of production (Full HD videos) + animations and callouts
· Practice, practice, practice – the course contains dozens of exercises to help you master the Python programming concepts covered in the lessons
· Giles’ English accent :D
Have you always wanted to learn one of the world’s most popular programming languages? If so, this is the perfect course for you. It will teach you how to program in Python and help to prepare you for coding challenges frequently posed during job interviews.
Giles’ teaching style builds a connection with students.
In this comprehensive course, we will cover several key topics:
⁃ Why program? Why study Python?
⁃ How to install Python
⁃ Hands-on programming with strings
⁃ Print function
⁃ Data structures
⁃ OOP and Classes and Objects
⁃ Time complexity
⁃ Big O
There are many exercises and projects throughout the course, some of our favourites are:
⁃ The Sierpinski Triangle
⁃ The Towers of Hanoi
⁃ And the Computer Vision capstone project
You'll also learn how to use python to validate credit card numbers, you'll be introduced to the data visualization and plotting package matplotlib, there's a short introduction to Pandas and you'll gain a thorough understanding of how to work with Jupyter notebooks.
In addition there is a section on Git and Github and you will learn how to work with virtual environments in python.
365 Careers’ team is very excited about this project. The creation of a Python course has been an ambition of ours for quite some time. but as we were not prepared to make any compromises on the quality of the course content, we needed to choose the right partner. Luckily, Giles was as excited about working with us as we were with him and together, after much hard, work we have created what we believe to be a first-class learning experience. We are confident that programming novices will benefit from Giles’ authenticity combined with our visual approach to teaching which includes our much-loved graphics and animations.
To date, employees from 80 of the Fortune 100 companies have taken our courses. 600,000 students have given us an average rating of 4.5 stars. And we are confident that this is the perfect course for you if you want to become a Python programmer.
Sounds great, doesn’t it? Are you ready for a life-changing adventure? If you are serious about learning Python, this is the only bootcamp you will need.
The course comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you decide it wasn’t for you, you will be refunded in full (+keep all the downloaded resources free of charge)!
No risk for you, so go ahead, click the “Buy now” button and start your Python programmer journey today!