- Course type
- Paid course
- All Levels
- 5 hours
- 38 lessons
- Available on completion
- Course author
- Patrick Schroeder
- Build Apps with Node.js
- Build MEAN stack apps
- Create API's using Express.js
- Understand Routing in Express
- Know how to create Schema's, Models and Controllers
- Use Passport to authenticate users
- Create CRUD features with ease
- Install and use Mongoose Plugins
- Include different view engines into Node.js
- Use the Async Module
Go from beginner to advanced by building 4 Node.js applications of increasing complexity.
This course will teach you how to build web apps from the ground up while focusing on best practices. The main technologies used will be Node.js, Express.js and MongoDB.
We'll use a variety of templating engines for our frontend. This will include Swig, Angular and plain HTML.
We'll be using Mongoose throughout this course. Mongoose is a node module built on top of MongoDB to assist in creating and handling database objects.
Getting to Know Mongoose
- Familiarize yourself with Node and Mongoose by building a CRUD example app.
- Learn about the different data types used in Mongoose models.
- Understand how to make API calls using Postman to add, update or delete documents.
- Get to know important methods used to query, save and remove document properties.
User Login App
- Build a user login app consisting of a log in and success page.
- Create static Express routes to connect with HTML pages.
- Learn about advanced Mongoose methods for Validating input and how to use mongoose Plugins to hide password data.
Meeting Reporting App
- Use Express, Swig and Mongoose to develop an app for recording meeting notes.
- Learn how to create new Notes and filter by user.
- Create a RESTful API and implement using best practices.
- Learn how to handle and display custom Errors.
- Use the Async module and learn how to query multiple documents at the same time.
- MEAN-stack application built from the ground up. (MongoDB, Express, Angular, Node.js)
- Build a search engine using the Mongoose search plugin, Angular and Bootstrap.
- Learn how to reference and populate documents.
- Integrate Passport.js for secure Local authentication. Learn how to protect routes from non-verified users.
After taking this course you will:
* Learn how to setup a server and routing using Express, work with various view engines like Swig, Angular and plain HTML.
* Understand how to perform CRUD operations by building useful apps to save, update and retrieve documents from a database.
* Be able to build a MEAN-stack application from the ground up.
* Understand Mongoose methods for working with schemas, plugins, validators, and data types.