- Course type
- Paid course
- All Levels
- 4 hours
- 39 lessons
- Available on completion
- Course author
- Tim Short
- Build 5 complete, end-to-end Java applications from scratch
- Implement core object-oriented programming techniques
- Optimize applications with best practices and sharpen your programming skills
- Master design principles and apply proper architecture to solve problems
- Apply inheritance, interfaces, access modifiers, encapsulation, polymorphism
- Use data structures and arrays to handle data sets and collection of objects
- Develop your own utility class to read data and export results to a file
- Analyze data from a file and apply conditional operations to make decisions
- Design a real-world project with abstract classes and abstract methods
- Use constructors, overloading, and overriding to enhance applications
If your goal is to GET HIRED, then you need to PASS THE INTERVIEW!
As a trainer for over 6 years, one of the most common questions I get asked is "I'm new to programming, how can I get better and prepare for a job interview?" My answer is "Practice, practice, practice!" I created this course to help people see the core Java concepts in action. This will help you understand the ideas and know how to apply them in an application.
The BEST way to prepare for a technical interview is to get practice building applications and applying core principles of object-oriented design. I've designed this course to accomplish that objective.
Many people fail interviews because:
- They don't grasp object-oriented programming concepts
- They can't apply object-oriented design in an actual program
- They haven't practiced developing their applications by hand
- They haven't debugged their code and overcome challenges
This course is designed for someone who simply wants to get better at understanding and applying Java design and object-oriented programming. It is perhaps the most effective thing you can do to prepare for your job interview. Forget about flashcards, forget about quizzes. Start practicing!
In my Practical Java course, you will build realistic projects from scratch. We will approach each program analytically and outline our approach to implement the solution. Then, piece by piece we will write the code to create a fully functioning application.
- Understand client scenarios and requirements
- Approach each problem analytically
- Write our solution outline
- Implement code step-by-step
- Apply core principals of object-oriented design
Everyone hoping to start out in Java needs to practice! It's not enough to learn and watch, but you must try yourself! So enroll in this course and get typing!
Note: this course was build for someone who has some working knowledge and familiarity of Java or application design. If you are new to Java, I recommend enrolling in my "Become a Junior Java Software Developer" course first.