- Course type
- Paid course
- 3 hours
- 62 lessons
- Available on completion
- Course author
- Stefan Hyltoft
- Learn how to make unit tests
- Learn how to make integration tests
- Learn how to create a Express REST API from scratch
- Learn how to build a Express REST API with test-driven development
- Learn how to mock Mongoose models in Nodejs with Jest
- Learn how to use Jest with TDD to build a REST API
- Learn how to use MongoDB with Mongoose together with Jest tests
- Learn how to write tests for error handling
Learn how to write a full CRUD REST API with Nodejs, Express and Jest using the test-driven development method!
TDD is becoming more and more of standard, and for good reasons!
With TDD, you can feel more safe and secure that any changes you make are not breaking existing functionality in your applications. Manual tests cannot be sustainable in large applications, or even medium applications. Plus, they're incredibly tedious.
Without TDD... well, you know the story. You try to add functionality while trying to touch the existing code as little as possible, because you don't want to break things unintentionally..
With TDD you won't be scared to make big refactors in your code to clean up messy code, you will know quickly if you've broken any existing functionality!
I'll show you step-by-step how to create a REST API with Express with unit tests and integration tests using the Jest test framework. There's going to be lots of opportunities for you to work on your own and do some exercises as well for optimal learning!
If you have any questions or suggestions to the course, feel free to message me anytime, I love interacting with my students!