- Course type
- Paid course
- 3 hours
- 32 lessons
- Available on completion
- Course author
- Ajay Srinivasa
- Understand NodeJS basics and its concepts of asynchronous programming
- Build Applications in Node to interact with the file system, databases and http
- Get a good grasp of core NodeJS modules, several NPM modules and build apps using it
- Understand Express framework that serves as a foundation for API Development
- Learn MongoDB database and create a database server on your computer
- Connect to MongoDB database using NodeJS and build a simple API
- Use MongooseJS to interact with MongoDB and enhance your API
- Build and test an API using Node, Express, MongoDB and Mongoose
- Put the Node API under Git version control
- Deploy the Node API to a cloud PaaS environment
NodeJS is by far one of the most popular web server technologies.
NodeJS is used by pretty much every big company that needs speed, agility and
concurrency at its core and NodeJS developers are always in demand.
In this course you would learn NodeJS, Express framework, MongoDB and Mongoose and develop API s using them.
I have designed the curriculum to get you started with practical coding examples right from the beginning. So whether you want to start of your career with web-technologies or make a career switch, this course is just right for you.
You would first get a brief theory on each of the topics and then dive straight to code-along lectures.
You would first learn:
Basics of NodeJS, how it works under the hood and what makes it so great
Core NodeJS modules by way of practical coding examples
Node Package Manager(NPM) and how you can import existing modules/libraries and use them to build your App or API
Node's Express framework and build a web-server using it. You would get introduced to the concept of developing an API
MongoDB and learn to interact with the database using NodeJS native drivers
Mongoose - a very popular ODM used alongside MongoDB
Then you would build a professional looking API using all your learnings and test it.
You learn about Git to put your NodeJS API code under version control
Finally you deploy your API built using NodeJS to a cloud platform - Heroku
At appropriate stages you would be given exercises and projects to work on that would help you explore on your own and also refresh your learning.
The course goes over the topics step by step in sufficient detail and adopts a code/work along method so that students can run the apps or API s in parallel to the instructor.
The theory has been kept to a minimum and crisp, just enough to get you the context before you start hands on.