- Course type
- Paid course
- All Levels
- 11 hours
- 67 lessons
- Available on completion
- Course author
- Geoffrey Hubona, Ph.D.
- Understand the conceptual foundations of association analysis and perform market basket analyses.
- Be able to create visualizations of social (and other) networks using the iGraph package.
- Understand how to examine and mine social network data to understand all of the implicit relationships.
- Mine text data to create word association visualizations, term documents with word frequency counts and associations, and create word clouds.
- Learn how to process text and string data, including the use of 'regular expressions'.
- Extract prototypical information about cycles from time series data.
More Data Mining with R presents a comprehensive overview of a myriad of contemporary data mining techniques. More Data Mining with R is the logical follow-on course to the preceding Udemy course Data Mining with R: Go from Beginner to Advanced although it is not necessary to take these courses in sequential order. Both courses examine and explain a number of data mining methods and techniques, using concrete data mining modeling examples, extended case studies, and real data sets. Whereas the preceding Data Mining with R: Go from Beginner to Advanced course focuses on: (1) linear, logistic and local polynomial regression; (2) decision, classification and regression trees (CART); (3) random forests; and (4) cluster analysis techniques, this course, More Data Mining with R presents detailed instruction and plentiful "hands-on" examples about: (1) association analysis (or market basket analysis) and creating, mining and interpreting association rules using several case examples; (2) network analysis, including the versatile iGraph visualization capabilities, as well as social network data mining analysis cases (marriage and power; friendship links); (3) text mining using Twitter data and word clouds; (4) text and string manipulation, including the use of 'regular expressions'; (5) time series data mining and analysis, including an extended case study forecasting house price indices in Canberra, Australia.