- Course type
- Paid course
- All Levels
- 8 hours
- 71 lessons
- Available on completion
- Course author
- David Joseph Katz
- the differences between function declarations, expressions, and arrow functions.
- when the `this` keyword is relevant.
- intricacies of types - coercion, null vs. undefined, truthy, falsy, and more.
- why and how almost everything is an object.
- the differences between let, const, and var.
- a handful of ways to create object clones.
- closures, function factories, and higher-order functions.
- constructor functions
- prototypes and the prototype-based inheritance model.
- asynchronous code.
- and much more!
Here's how the course journey will go:
First: the Basics. You'll ramp on the console, syntax, objects, and other language fundamentals.
Second: Functions. There are a few ways to create functions. So you'll explore those differences, and important concepts like the `this` keyword.
Third: Types - Digging Deeper. There are some big questions about types: what is type coercion? How are truthy and falsy different? What is null vs. undefined? In this section, you'll cover those questions and more.
Fifth: Objects - Deeper Concepts. This section will introduces more features that can clean up code around objects. The larger topic in this section is a series of videos on creating object clones.
Sixth: Functions - Deeper Concepts. The theme of "Deeper concepts" continues. This time, it's functions. In this section, you'll dig into big terms like closures, function factories, and higher-order functions.
In addition to the interview-question based videos, there are resources like quizzes to help reinforce your learning.