- Course type
- Paid course
- 29 hours
- 189 lessons
- Available on completion
- Course author
- Serge Lansiquot
- Students will learn good OOP fundamentals
- Students will learn some fundamentals of 2D computer graphics using SDL
- Students will have created a shell app that will contain 4 games
- Students will create a game like Tetris
- Students will create a game like Break-out!
- Students will create a game like Asteroids
- Students will create a game like Pac-man
- Students will learn some vector math in 2D
An in depth practical course on OOP using C++. We learn the very basics of OOP like Classes and Objects up to more advanced topics like move semantics and lambda expressions. We then take those topics and apply them through a complex application that will contain 4 different arcade games: Tetris, Break-out!, Asteroids and Pacman. We will code 2 of those games together using the techniques we learned in the previous sections. The other 2 games will be projects for students.
We'll be making this arcade app from SCRATCH (mostly), using SDL for window management, input and colour but that's it! Everything else will be hand coded by us so we can get a good understanding of what's happening underneath the hood in game engines.
What we make from scratch:
Drawing lines and shapes
Polygon fill algorithm
2D sprite animations
Loading bitmap files
So much more!
This is an exciting course for students to take their skills to the next level through challenging problems and games. This is a HARD course, but if you stick with it (and finish all the exercises and projects), you'll not only be a better programmer than most of your peers, you'll be one step closer to getting that industry job you've been dreaming about.
There’s no risk!
This course comes with a full 30 day money-back guarantee. If you are not completely satisfied with the course, Udemy will refund you what you paid - no questions asked.
Register for the course today!