- Course type
- Paid course
- 3 hours
- 24 lessons
- Available on completion
- Course author
- Matt Turner
- By the end of the course you will be able to define and build an SQL database using only C# code. No database development required!
- Perform CRUD operations (Create, Read, Update, Delete) on entities using C# code.
- Handle entity changes using Code First Migrations.
- For the majority of the course, we will do absolutely no database development! However, we will show how to call custom SQL statements if you need to.
In this course you will learn how to create a simple C# application using Microsoft Visual Studio that creates and connects to an SQL Database with the Entity Framework*, with no database development required!
We will use Code First development principals to define all database tables and columns using only C# code.
All database tables and columns will be generated automatically from the C# code without the need to edit the database directly. As such we will be doing no database development (except for a section on calling SQL statements directly if you need to).
All source code is included as a Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 project so you can get up and running straight away.
Thank you for choosing this course and we look forward to viewing your positive reviews and feedback.
MPire Solutions Pty Ltd
* Note: The Entity Framework is Microsofts' newest data access technology, and Code First allows us to create database driven applications using only C# code, with no database development required!