- Course type
- Paid course
- 9 hours
- 94 lessons
- Available on completion
- Course author
- Mateusz Chrzonstowski
- You'll learn Jetty and Maven, which are very popular tools around Java
- You'll understand HTTP, REST and CRUD
- You'll use an SQL database and the most famous ORM framework - Hibernate
- You'll develop a little bit of front-end
- You'll build an app in multitier (multilayered) architecture
- You'll write unit tests using JUnit
- You'll start with Spring Framework
Yet another course about Java syntax and object-oriented programming? NOT EVEN A BIT! I assume you already know Java syntax, therefore I start with the most important tools for building real Java applications. Not Swing or an another unneeded thing.
I teach what I missed at the beginning of my professional career - how to configure the app, how to plug external libraries, how to run everything. I show Maven with Maven Central Repository, Jetty, HttpServlet, Spring and Hibernate.
I remember hard times figuring out what and where is hidden in the big codebase. I didn't understand multitier architecture back then. I focus on it here as well as on REST and CRUD operations. I follow best practices and point out things from the software craftmanship, like SOLID.
I also know that Java is not always the case. That's why I show more, like some pieces of SQL and front-end worlds.