- Course type
- Paid course
- All Levels
- 22 hours
- 166 lessons
- Available on completion
- Course author
- Stephen DeStefano
- Place your own amazing apps into the hands of thousands of people through the App Store
- Become completely proficient with Swift 3 and iOS app development
This course is produced from the "Hacking with Swift" series of tutorials, which are written and authored by the award winning Swift programmer, Paul Hudson, and these videos were made with his permission and support. You can always be guaranteed you're learning the latest and greatest Apple technologies because all of Paul's tutorials are written for iOS 10. Here you learn smart, powerful, and expressive Swift 3, the way it was meant to be written. You learn while you make real-world iOS projects, which means you get to apply your new skills immediately and see them work in context. Hacking with Swift is one of the most popular Swift tutorial series online, which uses an approach that teaches you Swift programming incredibly quickly, and you end up with a huge library of finished projects that are yours to develop further, or ship to the App Store. Paul has received high praise from the creator of the Swift language himself, Chris Lattner, for his outstanding method of teaching, and series of Swift tutorials. And working together with iOS developer Steve DeStefano, the Hacking with Swift series of programming training videos are simply the fastest way to learn how to code in the Apple eco-system.
Check out all of Paul Hudson's Swift tutorials and books at HackingWithSwift - from beginner to pro, Paul will teach you to write Swift code in very little time.
The term "Hacking with Swift" means we are "playing" with the Swift language, and using it in unique and interesting ways.
This course incorporates the use of annotations, callouts, diagrams, highlighting, and deep explanations that help make complex subject matter, much easier to grasp, and guides you along the path of the code, each step of the way. This course also makes the perfect reference tool kit, to be used in conjunction with the Apple docs, so that you can go back and scrub through any of the lectures very quickly to pull out relevant code or instruction that you need, as there's no wasted chatter here, it's strictly on point with Swift and iOS 10.
Some of what will be covered:
- Featuring apps built by the award winning Swift programmer - Paul Hudson - HackingWithSwift dot com
- We use Xcode 8 - The latest version
- The Swift 3 language - we go from variables to creating our own functions and more
- Learn Swift by use of annotations / diagrams / highlighting / callouts
- Learning the ins and outs of Xcode 8
- Working in storyboards and all it nuances
- How to use controls / Outlets and Actions
- How to use logic for smooth control flow
- Using segues and passing data, in storyboards, and programmatically
- Master table and collection view controller
- Using delegates and protocols
- Work with the social framework - FB - Twitter etc.
- Learn how to refactor code
- The ins and outs of GCD
- SpriteKit and Games
- UserDefaults - to persist data
- Adding audio / animations
- Master strings in Swift 3
- Using stackView
- The safari view controller class
- Core Image
- Learn the best debugging techniques
- Create an extension for your app
- Learn to work with MapKit
- Auto layout easy and advanced - create constraints using VFL
- Learn how to work with JSON data in swift
- Local Notifications
- Recorded in HD for maximum clarity
- And a ton more...
Swift is the new language of the future, and with this course you will get plenty of instruction on how to implement it in unique ways.
This course assumes you have no programming experience, so its perfect for the beginner. Its also a nice fit for the intermediate and experienced coder as it covers many advanced topics and techniques as well.
If you think this might be too difficult for you, think again, and come code along with me in a step by step format....just add a big portion of your own unique creativity, and before you know it, you will have built many amazing apps that you can submit to the App Store, and place in the hands of thousands of people.
Happy Coding :-)