- Course type
- Paid course
- 7 hours
- 27 lessons
- Available on completion
- Course author
- Andy Harris
- How to build an HTML5 page from scratch: You will not need to purchase an expensive IDE, and you'll truly understand how your page is created and what the code does.
- Learn to build valid code from the beginning. Learn how to test your code to find errors before your users do.
- Separate meaning from layout. Build solid HTML structures, then learn how to add visual improvements
- Use the new media elements in HTML5 to add audio and video to your pages
- Managing data with tables and lists
- Connecting pages with links
- Creating forms - including new HTML5 and mobile form elements
- How CSS works with HTML to add formatting
- Working with colors - the standard RGB color model as well as new techniques like alpha and HSL color
- Styling text - custom fonts, bold, italics, text size
- Selecting elements to style with CSS using class and id selection
- Using internal, inline, and external CSS styles
- Adding borders and backgrounds to any element
- New features of CSS3 including transparency, reflections, shadows, transformations, and animation.
Companion to HTML5 CSS3 All in One for Dummies.
Web development is complex, but it can be easy if you take it step by step. This course is the first in a series of courses by bestselling author Andy Harris. Throughout the series, he takes students through every single example of his massive book (the book is over 1000 pages of fun yet authoritative instruction.)
Each mini-book will be its own smaller course, so you can pick and choose the content you need without having to pay for content you already know.
This first course provides a solid understanding of HTML5 and CSS3, the underlying foundations of the Internet. You'll learn: