- Course type
- Paid course
- All Levels
- 27 hours
- 541 lessons
- Available on completion
- Course author
- Robert Gioia
- Master C# Programming with a hands-on approach focused on getting you professional C# experience you can use to GET A JOB!
- Built a 3D Marvel Contest of Champions fighting game in Unity using C# with 4 playable characters and enemy AI logic!
- Understand HOW to implement all of the major search and sort algorithms in computer science, and WHEN to use each approach
- Take a DEEP DIVE into collections and data structures and become a master at understanding the PROS and CONS of each!
- Learn ADVANCED topics like asynchronous coding, threading, delegates, generics, recursion, bitwise operations and MORE
- Start out with basic or no C# knowledge and build up to being able to LAND A JOB using C# after taking this course!
- Gain a hands-on understanding of ALGORITHMS like A*, Dijkstra’s, N choose K, Kruskal’s, and more!
- Understand all 23 Gang of 4 design patterns and HOW TO IMPLEMENT EACH OF THEM, in C# in an easy-to-understand manner
- Start from Zero and Go to Hero with this ALL IN ONE, COMPREHENSIVE C# programming course!
- Course is PACKED with interview questions and focuses on teaching you HOW TO THINK LIKE A COMPUTER PROGRAMMER
- Build 7 HANDS-ON APPLICATIONS including a web app, mobile app, database app, AI program, Machine Learning program, and 2 video games!
- Build the coding skills and deep understanding of computer science, data structures, and algorithms to pass coding interviews with TOP TIER TECH COMPANIES!
- Prepare for the Microsoft Certification Exam 70-483 the C# CERTIFICATION EXAM that Microsoft offers!
- Boost programming experience with hands-on CODING EXERCISES! Practice the C# skills you learned and get instant feedback!
- Learn about CRYPTOGRAPHY and how to encrypt messages into ciphertext!
- Get hands-on experience coding PROJECT EULER coding challenge problems to build your math and problem solving skills!
- Learn about how to use LINQ - Language Integrated Query to work with collections and leverage its strengths in your coding!
- Updated videos on C# 9, C# 10, and Visual Studio 2022
The goal of this course is to take a student with little or no experience programming in C# and to make them a complete master of the language.
Whether you want to:
Build the skills you need to land your first C# programming job
Move to a more senior software developer position
Ace a coding interview at a top tier tech company like Google, Apple, Facebook, or Microsoft
Take the Microsoft Certification Exam 70-483 that tests your C# knowledge
Build professional quality video games in the Unity game engine
Or just learn C# to be able to build professional quality apps
…this complete C# tutorial is the course you need to do all of this, and more.
Why should you learn C#?
C# is an in-demand skill, and one of the most popular programming languages in the world.
It is powerful, flexible, and well supported and is used in a wide variety of industries including Investment Banking, Mobile App Development, Web Development, and Game Development.
This course will teach you not only C#, but the key computer science concepts like Data Structures and Algorithms, Searching and Sorting, and Gang of Four Design Patterns. This course will help you ace interviews and get a job.
How is the course structured?
The course goes in order building up from basic to intermediate and then to advanced.
Most sections of the course have a quiz at the end, then a video explaining the answers to the quiz questions, and have several interview questions with detailed answers that relate to that section. That means as you learn the material you will be mastering crucial interview questions based on the subject matter you are learning.
At the end of the course there are 7 real world project where you build apps and a video game using C# and absorbing all kinds of knowledge about industry software and key programming techniques.
There is also a section in the course with a beginner, intermediate, and advanced C# quiz, a full length practice test on C#, and several videos where I show you how to solve a bunch of potential interview questions and coding problems using C# and the techniques you learned in the course.
What topics are taught in this course?
Fundamentals of Computer Science
Setup and Install Visual Studio on your Computer
Getting Started with C#
Working with DateTime data in C#
Control Flow Statements and Loops
User Input and Files
Interfaces and Abstract Classes
Data Structures and Collections
Advanced C# Coding
REGEX - Regular Expressions
Documenting Your Code
Searching and Sorting
Object Oriented Programming
Bitwise Operations in C#
Threading in C#
LINQ - Language Integrated Query
Version Control - GitHub and SourceTree
C# Debugging, Exception Handling, and Unit Tests
Reflection in C#
Refactoring C# Code
Types of Algorithms
Implementing Algorithms in C#
C# 8.0 New Features
How to Write Good Code
Landing a Programming Job
C# Programming Practice Videos, Quizzes, and Tests
Intro to C# Hands-On Projects: Build Real World Apps!
Hands-On: Building a Database Application using Microsoft SQL Server and C#
Hands-On: Building a Web App using ASP .Net and C#
Hands-On: Building a Mobile App using Xamarin C# (Windows and Mac only)
Hands-On: Building an Artificial Intelligence / Neural Network using C#
Hands-On: Building a Machine Learning app using ML .Net and C#
Hands-On: Building a 3D FPS (First Person Shooter) Video Game using Unity and C#
Hands-On: Building a 3D Marvel Fighting Game using C#
Coding Challenges: Project Euler
How is this course different than the other C# courses on Udemy?
This course is a through, comprehensive tutorial on the C# programming language.
Some courses teach you the theory, others teach through hands-on projects. This course combines both approaches.
In addition to teaching beginner, intermediate, and advanced C#, this course also breaks down all the Gang of Four design patterns, teaches searching and sorting techniques, and data structures and algorithms.
This course has more practice material than the other courses, with a quiz after most sections to test your knowledge, links to free online learning resources, and videos that walk you through solving coding interview and challenge questions using the C# techniques you have learned.
This is the only C# course you will ever need.
I made this course to be the only C# course you will ever need. A course that you can come back to and master the advanced techniques, and a course that you can pick-and-choose what to learn based on your goals and interests.
There is no filler material and no nonsense in this course. If I added a video or resource to this course, it is because I believe it to be important to your journey as a programmer. To truly reap the benefits of C#, and become a master of the C# programming language, you should strive to complete as much of the course as you can.
Are there real-world projects in this course where you can apply the skills you learn hands-on?
There are! In fact, you will build 7 hands-on apps in this course! You will use your C# skills to develop:
A database application using Microsoft SQL Server and C#
A Web App using ASP .Net
A cross-platform Mobile App using Xamarin
A neural network AI program using C#
A machine learning program using ML .Net and C#
A 3D Zombie Shooter video game using Unity and C#
A 3D Marvel Fighting game using Unity, Mixamo, and C#
I will walk you through building each of these projects step by step, so don’t worry about getting overwhelmed or stuck! My students know I break down the big concepts into digestible pieces of information that anyone can understand.
Who is your instructor?
My name is Rob Gioia and I currently work as a Mobile Software Engineer in New York City. C# is my favorite programming language, and every industry job that I have held has used C# as the primary programming language.
During my time working with C# both in the professional and personal capacity, I’ve used C# to:
Teach students how to program when I worked as a teacher’s assistant at the New Jersey Institute of Technology
Build virtual reality games to therapy children with convergence insufficiency, an eye disorder, and gamify their treatment.
Build a lifestyle Scratch to Win mobile app with over 10 million installs (there was some Java programming involved in this one as well :-) )
Develop card trader apps based around high end Intellectual Property like Marvel, Disney, and Star Wars.
Create Udemy courses that students have used to build full length video games using Unity and C#.
I also took part in the Google Interview process during October 2018 and used C# during the phone interview. I continued on in the interview process but obtained another high paying job in the process, an opportunity to work on a Marvel Collect app among other top intellectual property mobile apps.
My background has been gaming focused, but I want to emphasize that this is NOT A GAME DEVELOPMENT or UNITY COURSE! C# can be used in so many other capacities, and this course is meant to make you a master of C#, and then teach you how to build all kinds of projects using this powerful programming language.
What if you have questions?
Any questions you have can be posted to the Q&A forum or messaged to me on Udemy. I check my Udemy account every day to see if students have questions, and do my best to be as responsive and helpful as possible.
If you get stuck at any point during this course, send me a message and I will get you unstuck!
There is no risk in taking this course!
This course comes with a full 30 day money-back guarantee. You either end up with C# skills, go on to develop great programs and potentially make an awesome career for yourself, or you try the course and simply get all your money back if you don’t like it…
You literally can’t lose.
Are you ready to master the C# programming language and build an awesome set of software engineering skills? Then enroll now using the “Add to Cart” button on the right!