- Course type
- Paid course
- 18 hours
- 148 lessons
- Available on completion
- Course author
- Charlie Chiarelli
- Program fluently in C# using Microsoft Visual Studio for Windows Machines
- Understand how to create a basic Windows Form Application ... No Console Apps
- Understand the basic concepts of Selection, Repetition, and Methods
- Understand the intermediate concepts of Object Oriented Programming, String Handling, Arrays (One, Two Dimensional), Random Numbers, Graphics, and Animation
- Apply the programming skills learned to create meaningful computer app from the world of business, science , math and gaming.
- Create Business applications which simulate a computerized cash register for a cafeteria, and a sign in system for a doctors office
- Create Science applications which create charts that convert from Fahrenheit to Celsius
- Create applications which track student marks and determine averages, and highest and lowest marks
- Create applications which determine credit card eligibility for applicants based on a scoring system
- Create applications which check the validity of a credit card using String manipulation techniques
- Create a program that plays the card game War
- Create a Math program which displays a bar chart of sales over a period of years
- Create a Graphics program which simulates an "Etch-A-Sketch" drawing program
- Create a simple object animation then use it as the basis for a car race game
- Create a slot machine game
- Create a falling objects game ... where you move an object around with the keyboard and catch objects falling from the sky for points
- Create a Space shooter game
- Fully appreciate the wide range of applications that the study of Computer Science provides.
- * NEW * Extend the idea of coding and computational thinking by solving a series of advanced problems from a wide variety of disciplines.
Students will learn to create their own computer programs and video games using the C# programming language. No prior programming experience is assumed. This is a course for REAL BEGINNERS. We will introduce all the required programming skills from the ground up.This programming course is meant for ANYONE WHO WANTS TO LEARN TO CODE. We cover C# syntax but more importantly we introduce the PROBLEM SOLVING SKILLS necessary to convert practical problems to solutions in code...You get paid for solving problems everything else is just a technicality.
Our focus will be working with Visual Studio on WINDOWS machines . All coding examples are fully compatible with the LATEST Visual Studio Edition (As of 2021 Visual Studio Community 2019) for WINDOWS ... Unfortunately they are not MAC compatible
A language like C# is typically learned "in a vacuum," and stripped of potentially distracting visual elements or front-end graphical interfaces. This type of learning process - which is considered the standard approach - is great for communicating the fundamentals. It allows you to focus on the most important and basic programming concepts you will need to understand, and is often presented through the output of a static, text-based console window. However, learning a language in this console vacuum can also be bland and boring, and can often lead to students becoming disengaged entirely.
Students are more likely to remain engaged by learning how to build Windows applications from day one in tandem with learning the C# programming language. Therefore, my lectures are designed to keep you engaged with the process of learning C# fundamentals by presenting them through a series of lessons aimed at creating simple, Windows Form based applications. This course, by jumping right into apps with a Graphical User Interface, allows the learner to feel like they are learning concepts that produce a tangible result.
I walk you carefully through every possible feature you can imagine, and I use hundreds of existing projects you can learn from, or expand on to make your own project. It's worth sifting through a dozen mediocre Udemy courses to find a gem like this. It's pretty close to a one stop shop for taking you from knowing nothing about WinForms, to building your own whole applications.
This course has more hours of video instruction (18 + hours) , lectures (90+) and exercises and supplemental resources (132+) than virtually any other Introductory C# course offered on Udemy. All for one low price.
Students will be exposed to all the stages in software development and develop problem-solving skills as well as learn the syntax of the C# language.
The challenges/applications are drawn from a variety of situations in the home,school and workplace. They address a wide spectrum of interests including business, science, math,art,music, and especially ANIMATION and GAMES ...(1/4 of the lectures).
My goal is not just to show you how to program, but to help you understand what you are doing, and why you are doing it. I am online daily to respond to any problems you may encounter.
Not only do the videos show you how to become a programmer in great detail, but each time an important concept is taught, I offer you a challenge that is designed to help you really understand what you have just learned.
You will go away and complete the challenge, and then come back and see the challenge answered and explained in detail in the video, allowing you to check your results!
Here's how I will help you to succeed:
o Each lecture starts with a list of objectives/speaking notes
o Every example covered in the lecture is available for download in the resources section … including the objectives/speaking notes
o Almost every lecture has a set of Practice problems with full solutions provided
o My style of writing and teaching follows the KISS principle : Keep It Super Simple. I try to stay away from fancy computer terminology and try to teach like am speaking to a brand new user with little to no previous knowledge on the subject matter.... and I am always available for help … replying most times within a day.
... and finally, this is NOT a static course, updates are made several times a month, with new lectures and challenge problems added on a continual basis.