- Course type
- Paid course
- 31 hours
- 202 lessons
- Available on completion
- Course author
- Charlie Chiarelli
- Program fluently in C# using the Microsoft Visual Studio IDE for Windows Machines
- Understand how to create a basic Windows Form Application ... No Console Apps
- Understand the basic concepts of Selection, Repetition, Methods and Exception Handling
- Understand the concepts of Arrays (one,two,three dimensional), Random numbers,Object Oriented Programming, String handling
- Understand the advanced concepts of Recursion, Sorting and Searching Techniques, Database Programming using SQL, Graphics and Animation Techniques
- Apply the programming skills learned to create meaningful computer applications from the world of Business, Science, Math, Cryptography, Graphics and Gaming
- Create Business applications which incorporate sorting, searching, data analysis and connecting to a database
- Create Science applications which incorporate probabilistic and deterministic simulations
- Create a Geography app which incorporate table lookups (searching) to determine the distance between two cities or the telephone code for a country
- Create Math app that illustrate the hidden pitfalls of computer arithmetic in the real world, and applications that solve mazes and puzzles using recursion
- Create Apps from the world of Cryptography which validate Social Insurance #'s, VIN, ISBN numbers and also create applications which code and decode messages.
- Create Graphics applications which incorporate drag and drop events
- Create 2d Game Applications which incorporate flicker free animation and allow the user to use the keyboard and mouse to control movement.
- Fully appreciate the wide range of applications that the study of Computer Science provides.
- * NEW * Create simple applications using the UI Paradigm Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)
- * NEW * Extend the idea of coding and computational thinking by solving a series of advanced problems (CHALLENGES) from a wide variety of disciplines.
Students will learn to create their own computer programs using the C# programming language. This programming course is meant for ANYONE WHO WANTS TO LEARN TO CODE. Of course we cover C# syntax but more importantly we introduce the PROBLEM SOLVING SKILLS necessary to convert practical problems to solutions in code... You get paid for solving problems everything else is just a technicality.
Our focus will be working with Visual Studio on WINDOWS machines . All coding examples are fully compatible with the LATEST Visual Studio Edition (As of 2021 Visual Studio Community 2019) for WINDOWS ... Unfortunately they are not MAC compatible.
A language like C# is typically learned "in a vacuum," and stripped of potentially distracting visual elements or front-end graphical interfaces. This type of learning process - which is considered the standard approach - is great for communicating the fundamentals. It allows you to focus on the most important and basic programming concepts you will need to understand, and is often presented through the output of a static, text-based console window. However, learning a language in this console vacuum can also be bland and boring, and can often lead to students becoming disengaged entirely.
Students are more likely to remain engaged by learning how to build Windows applications from day one in tandem with learning the C# programming language. Therefore, my lectures are designed to keep you engaged with the process of learning C# fundamentals by presenting them through a series of lessons aimed at creating simple, Windows Form based applications.This course, by jumping right into apps with a Graphical User Interface, allows the learner to feel like they are learning concepts that produce a tangible result.
The first section of the course serves as a primer/refresher to get everybody up to speed.This course assumes absolutely nothing about what you already know, and skips no steps in getting you to know Windows Forms. It walks you carefully through every possible feature you can imagine, and has in its source code hundreds of existing projects you can learn from, or expand on to make your own project. It's worth sifting through a dozen mediocre Udemy courses to find a gem like this. It's pretty close to a one stop shop for taking you from knowing nothing about WinForms, to building your own applications.
This course has more hours of video instruction (30 + hours) , lectures (146+) and exercises and supplemental resources (326+) than virtually any other Introductory C# course offered on Udemy. All for one low price.
Students will be exposed to all the stages in software development and develop problem-solving skills as well as learn the syntax of the C# language.
The challenges/applications are drawn from a variety of situations in the home, school and workplace. They address a wide spectrum of interests including:
connecting to a sequential and relational database (SQL)
probabilistic simulations (using random numbers)
deterministic simulations (using concepts from physics and math... Plinko Game )
Social Studies (Geography)
Distance between two cities Table Lookups
Country Telephone codes
hidden pitfalls of computer arithmetic in real world applications
famous mathematical algorithms and their applications (Euclidean Algorithm)
solving mazes and puzzles using the concept of recursion
validating codes like SIN (social insurance numbers) , VIN, ISBN
coding and decoding messages using classical encryption techniques
a peek into more advanced techniques (Steganography)
creating a program that plays a classical memory game on a 4x4 grid
creating applications utilizing drag and drop events
using a back buffer (double buffer) to improve flicker
creating simple 2d games using keyboard and mouse movement and incorporating sound effects
My goal is not just to show you how to program, but to help you understand what you are doing, and why you are doing it . But,having said that, I will try to present the material in such a way that we don't get too hung up on rigid standards. Once you get a feel for the material you could certainly get more serious and take a university or college course or take a more advanced online course.
Not only do the videos show you how to become a programmer in great detail, but each time an important concept is taught, I offer you a challenge that is designed to help you really understand what you have just learned.
You will go away and complete the challenge, and then come back and see the challenge answered and explained in detail in the video, allowing you to check your results! I am online daily to respond to any problems you may encounter.
Here's how I will help you to succeed:
o Each lecture starts with a list of objectives/speaking notes
o Every example covered in the lecture is available for download in the resources section … including the objectives/speaking notes
o Almost every lecture has a set of Practice problems with full solutions provided
o My writing and teaching follows the KISS principle : Keep It Super Simple. I try to stay away from fancy computer terminology and try to teach like am speaking to a brand new user with little to no previous knowledge on the subject matter.... and I am always available for help … replying most times within a day.
... and finally, this is NOT a static course, updates are made several times a month, with new lectures and challenge problems added on a continual basis.