- Course type
- Paid course
- 5 hours
- 30 lessons
- Available on completion
- Course author
- Pontus Wittenmark
- A good understanding of the most important aspects of the C# language and use it to create programs
- The fundamentals of the C# language and .NET Core
- The syntax and structure of a C# program
- Important keyboard shortcuts in Visual Studio
- Work with local variables and fields (class variables)
- How to create and call methods, provide arguments, handling return types and tuples
- Working with if and switch statements, conditional operators
- Working with the for, while, do while and for each loop
- Creating and indexing arrays
- Use generic collections such as List, Stack, Queue and Dictionary
- Work with classes and objects, static members and access modifiers such as private, protected and public
- Work with properties (automatic, full, read-only etc)
- Read and write text files to disk
- Throw, catch and handle exceptions
- How to work with reference types and value types
- How C# relates to Common Intermediate Language (CIL), JIT compilation and native code
- Deploying .NET Core console applications
Platform: C# and .NET Core (.NET 5 compatible)
Learning to Program in C# and .NET
This course in C# and .NET doesn't require any prior knowledge in programming as I will guide you through every step you need to become productive in the C# language. My ambition with this course is to firmly ground all theory in code that you and I write in the editor together.
Building the Hangman game
As we'll pick up new skills along the way, we will keep adding code to our hangman game - an application that we will write from start to finish throughout this course!
100% Code Compatibility
The code in this course is 100% compatible with the latest version of .NET. While the course was recorded using .NET Core, everything still applies as later versions of .NET is a continuation of .NET Core. Any version of Visual Studio (Community, Professional etc.) will work great, but if you're already comfortable in VS Code, you can certainly keep using that.
100% Money-Back Guarantee
This course comes with a 30-day full money-back guarantee. Take the course, go through the lectures, do the exercises, and if you're not happy, ask for a refund within 30 days. All your money back, no questions asked.