- Course type
- Paid course
- 2 hours
- 24 lessons
- Available on completion
- Course author
- Bluelime Learning Solutions
- Installing Python
- Installing MySQL Database Server
- Creating a new database
- Creating a new table
- Create graphical user interface for the application
- Create and activate a virtual environment
- Install MySQL Database Connector
- Creating a database configuration file
- Connecting and interacting with MySQL Database from Python
- Create a class with methods
- Create stand alone functions
- Connect widgets to functions
- Interact with ListBox
- Perform CRUD Operations
In this course you learn how to interface a Python application program with a MySQL Server Database. Python has various modules that you can use to interact with databases. We will install CX_ORACLE connector module to enable us interact with MySQL Server database from our Python application.
We will be installing Python and MySQL database server and also create a new database and table that our Python application will interact with.
We will create the Python application frontend using Tkinter which is a built in Python module used to create graphical user interfaces . From tkinter module we will import ttk module which is a themed widget library that contains various types of widgets like buttons,labels etc that we can use to build the graphical user interface for our Python application. We will also import other bits and pieces from the tkinter module that our Python application will use.
Also we will create a database configuration file that twill be used to interact with the MySQL Server database from our Python application. We will also be creating a class with methods and also stand alone functions for our application.
When the application is complete we will be able to perform CRUD operations on the MySQL database from our Python application.